Chemical Formula of Sodium Methoxide : NaOCH₃
Other names : Sodium Methylate, Sodium Salt
Appearance : White Crystalline Powder
Uses of Sodium Methoxide :
- Organic Chemistry: it is used in the synthesis of several chemical compounds such as pharmaceuticals and agrichemicals. It is also used as a base in aldol condensations and dehydrohalogenations. It acts as a nucleophile in the manufacturing of methyl ethers.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: it is used in the manufacture of substances like Vitamins A1 and B1, Trimethoprim, Sulfadiazine, Sulfadoxine, Sulfamethoxypyridazine
- Biodiesel Industry: it is used as a catalyst for producing fatty acid methyl esters or FAMEs.
- It can be used for processing edible oils and fats and also in the preparation of some other chemical products.
- It can be used as an edible catalyst as well as an analytical reagent.
- It can be used in production of pesticides.
Payment term : 100% cash in advance
Min order of Calcium Chloride : 1 * 20’ft container